Get ready folks! The best couple of hours of commercials are just a few days away. If you're looking for some fun ideas to jazz up your hot wings and beer Super Bowl party, look no further. TOUCHDOWN!
Astroturf anything and everything! Here are a couple of places to incorporate the plastic (is it plastic?!?) good stuff:
1) Table decor - Instead of a regular tablecloth, astroturf your buffet table for a fun football look.
2) Pennants - Make a statement with astroturf mixed with and brown paper pennants.
3) Koozies - Keep track of your beer with an astroturf koozie. Use a chalk pen to write your name on the astroturf.
Whip out that icing, girl. It's time to draw that white stitching on just about any brown food you can think of! For those who need a little guidance on football-friendly foods, check out the below list:
1) Cookies - Duh. Draw to your hearts desire. Gingerbread cookies work well for consistency and color.
2) Ice cream sandwiches - Obviously they're not quite the right oval shape, but you get the picture.
3) Deviled Eggs - Use a little bit of green pepper or jalapeño to create the "stitching".
For those who aren't 100% enthralled by the actual football game, here are some fun football-themed games to play during halftime (or through the whole game, if you are so inclined).
1) NFL Mascot Matching Trivia from Moms & Munchkins
2) Football Game Bingo from Play. Party. Pin.
3) Football Tic-Tac-Toe Bingo from One Charming Party
4) Super Bowl Trivia from Diva Girl Parties